Re: Any update on the old DZ and NZ in Saudi Arabia?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Any update on the old DZ and NZ in Saudi Arabia?
From: "sjl_prodigynet" <sjl@p...>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 18:41:26 -0000
Bob

Given the events of September 11 and the increasing evidence of
sympathy on the part of many Saudis, I think we must consider these
consists equivalent to scrapped and focus on Denver Zephyr equipment
stateside.

Right now, as you once brought to my attention, there are three 1936
Denver Zephyr cars in Hill City, SD, and, I believe, these are still
for sale. One of the cars is the Parlor-Obs Silver Streak (minus its
nameplates, one of which ended up in Denver's Cherry Creek Cinema in
the mid-1970's for the showings there of the Gene Wilder/Richard
Pryor movie Silver Streak). It would just be so wonderful if the
Streak were brought to the Colorado or Illinois Railway Museums and
restored, or some other museum in an area served by the Denver Zephyr
(or Texas Zephyr, if no DZ-line museum can be found).

sjl