Re:OS

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re:OS
From: "Walter Ohrnell" <wohrnell@s...>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:56:30 -0600
I would OS the time when the waycar passed me on the depot platform. The
passenger trains were OS'd giving the arrival and departure times.

In addition to these the other was an mechanical OS. The Union Switch and
Signal CTC machine at Pacific Jct. had a graph with pens built into the self in
front (see BB-22 on pages 28 and 36). The graph paper had times along the edge.
When a trrain would hit the OS section at the respective stations the pen would
move making a glitch which gave the time. This time was then given to the
dispatcher. We would then follow the train with a pencil line noting its
number. Jct. One of the first things the signal maintainer would do when he
arrived for work was tear of the graph paper for the preceeding day roll it up
and keep it for so long.

Lenny