OT - Historic Weather Information - Update

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: OT - Historic Weather Information - Update
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 22:28:38 EST
I spent some time digging around tonight and found the following site:

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/ncdc.html

It's the National Climatic Data Center.

It has historic weather data from way back. It's a little confusing to use,
but I was able to find out what the weather was like at Midway reporting
station (Chicago) for the month of December 1950. I was able to find out
max/min temperatures, the daily snowfall, and even the accumulated snow on
the ground at the time of measurement! I am seriously considering a light
dusting of snow on the ground for my scenery. I am a little nervous as I
have not seen snow done well on model railroads (permanent scenery) I do
have my options, though, as there were several days in December 1950 with no
accumulation on the ground.

Rich