Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Last regular use of mainline steam

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Last regular use of mainline steam
From: John Mitchell <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:45:37 -0800 (PST)
This wasn't really regular service. This was using an
excursion engine for an emergency. The truly last
"non-excursion", "non-emergency" regular revenue
steam-powered service was the day switch engine at
Christopher with Herrin Junction engine #4997 on
January 27, 1959. The last road job ran Herrin
Junction to Centralia by extra 4976 north on January
14, 1959. I was there for both events!

John D. Mitchell, Jr.