CB&Q interlocking model board

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CB&Q interlocking model board
From: rjs <rjs@q...>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 07:57:12 -0700
Hi Everybody,

I just acquired a CB&Q interlocking tower model board (circ. 1934) at a flea market. I thought it would make an interesting addition to the hobby room. I would like to restore the indicator lamps to the proper colors. Does anybody here know what they should be?

I'm guessing the occupied block indicators are white or yellow, similar to other railroads. I belive signals glow green when allowing movements. The weird thing is this board has turnout indicators. I've never seen a model board with this feature. I don't know what the lamp color might have been for turnouts. It could be green indicating that the turnouts are aligned for a cross track movement...or then again they might be red...

-Bob