Re: [BRHSlist] To Dave Lotz and listers-virus

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] To Dave Lotz and listers-virus
From: "VLBG" <VLBG@s...>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:38:32 -0600
More on the information below:

This is not a game or a hoax. My ISP has filtering software built
in and and already refused delivery of about 15 messages.
I can go to their site and look at them. It started on LocoNotes
and has spread to this list. I can tell who the senders are.
Mr. Thompson has correctly named one of them.

Yahoo does NOT filter this stuff out because it picks up addresses
from your Inbox and starts sending them messages "RE:" whatever
the current thread is. They might be labeled as "MP3" or "WAV"
files in the attachment box but they are not either. The virus files
have a file extension of ".com.com".

Since I have a rather low credibilty with some people I will not
name names but this does exsist. My ISP described it four or
five days ago and is taking active action against it.

I don't know the solution but it is a real problem.

Russ