Re: VIRUS ON THE LIST

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: VIRUS ON THE LIST
From: jonathanharris@e...
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 10:41:18 -0900
I agree it seems unlikely, probably even impossible, for a virus attachment
to come through a yahoo list. But there's clearly some connection -- even
if indirect -- to the BRHSlist, which we should try to ferret out. My email
address is one of 5 mailboxes belonging to an organization, and none of the
others got this virus.

The virus attachment, which I immediately threw in the trash unopened, came
to me between BRHSlist messages 10530 and 10531. There were no other,
non-BRHSlist-related messages at that time. I don't think it was attached
to either of those messages. In fact I don't know WHAT it was attached to
-- it just got dumped on my desktop, over and over, every time I checked
for new mail. But I could find no record of it or any candidate for a
related message in my IN box, nor any record of it when I tried to find it
to delete through WebMail. Finally got it purged by earthlink this morning
when they just erased the contents of my IN box.

For the time-being I've edited my membership in yahoo groups so as not to
receive list messages as emails. Don't know what's going on, but I don't
want a repeat of yesterday!

Jonathan