Re: [BRHSlist] Painting brass

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Painting brass
From: Bob Webber <rswebber@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:15:33 -0600
Basically, it comes down to the coat that was applied. If it is smooth (i.e. no wrinkles or obvious buildup), there is no reason not to paint on top of it - assuming that the base isn't such that paint has a problem adhering.

I always liked Accupaint - it has the hardest coat, so it has it's problems. But, the black is excellent, some other colors are the only accurate versions out there. It dries in minutes. The satin finish is terrific. I also like Scalecoat.

BTW - be careful when baking. Some colors/paints have a tendency to shift color with the baking. Pullman green was one I remember well - turning to an olive color (this is partially due to the priming (or lack thereof), the humidity, the paint, the paint's age and a host of other factors).

I've also baked plastic models - via microwave. Obviously, care is vital.