Re: [BRHSlist] the book "STATIONS"

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] the book "STATIONS"
From: jonathanharris@e...
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:37:37 -0900
Well, I saw it "remaindered" in the Walthers catalogue a few years ago,
which is generally not a good sign (it's like in those old "Godzilla"
movies, when they abruptly switch from using a real train to a cheap model
-- you know it's trouble). Walthers was selling it for five or six bucks;
original list was $21. Problem, I think, was that the subject matter was
just too arcane, subtle, or "off-topic" for most readers (railfans and
non-railfans alike). Sorta fell between the cracks.

Too bad. It was a neat little book -- haunting, nostalgic pictures (VERY
different from most "railroad art," but boy do they capture a sense of time
and place!!); and the text provides a lot of insight into why we do what we
do. Highly recommended.

Jonathan