Re: [BRHSlist] heavyweight RPO

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] heavyweight RPO
From: Wes Leatherock <wleath@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:01:10 -0600 (CST)
Six-window cars were generally full RPOs--the RPO
occupied the entire car.

Three-window cars were usually half-and=half--one-
half RPO, the other half baggage and express.

Two-window cars generally had RPOs even smaller
than half the car, the remainder being used for baggage
and express.

A six-window car would probably have no lettering
except "United States Mail/Railway Post Office." The
half or smaller RPOs would usually have the standard
baggage-Railway Express Agency letter at the non-RPO
end of the car.

Wes Leatherock
wleath@s...