Re: Photographs St. Croix to St. Paul taken by Bob Koetz

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Photographs St. Croix to St. Paul taken by Bob Koetz
From: glenehaug@m...
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 05:54:21 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., barbarland@a... wrote:
> Glen,
>
> I know that in 1990 there was a signal bridge about one mile from
the St. Croix Bridge...

Steve:

I have information on the two signal bridges still in place at the
west end of the St. Croix Bridge (407.99) and a mile west of the
bridge (409.02).

I do need a picture of the 3 track bridge that was at MP 409.10, but
I'm sure it was gone by 1990, so your video may not show it. I also
need to find a shot of the 3 track bridge that was most near St.
Croix Tower (410.17). The odd length between the footings doesn't
match any bridge plans I can find, so I'm curious to see what it
looked like.

What I was hoping to find in potential photos from Bob Koetz, was
photos that might verify two 2 track bridges between MP 421 and 422
south of Newport (probably gone for many years), and verify the
presence or non-existence of cantilever bridges at MP 426.86 Oakland
Avenue, and MP 427.82, at the midpoint of Dayton's Bluff Yard. All
of these bridges are definitely gone now, including any trace of
footings.

Glen Haug