Re: [BRHSlist] Athearn Genisis F Units

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Athearn Genisis F Units
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 04:59:55 EST
In a message dated 11/15/01 12:01:42 PM Central Standard Time,
steve_wintner@y... writes:

> Which is the best at what ? I mean in general, not who makes what phase
> - though that is something to consider when modeling a particular
> unit.

The brand new Athearn Genesis F's are really fine models. I have a set of the
NYC F3's, they are extreamly smooth operating and the shells are finely
detailed. Also they have the correct pilot ect.

The Stewart F's are and have been a fine model. The main drawback to the
Stewart F's, they have the freight pilot. This is all right if you are doing
the Burlington F2's. However the other F's the Q owned had the passenger
pilot.

The Intermoutain F's are really great as well.....

I hope to see a picture of the Athearn Q F's, if they are as nice as the
NYC's, that's where I am going to spend some money. It looks as per the
numbers announced the Genisis F's will be the later series Phase 4..... they
look for the most part like a F 7 except they have the dynamic brake grids.