Rockfalls

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Rockfalls
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:48:57 EST
I believe what Karl is describing is the "old" yard Rockfalls yard. By the
time I came along the "new" yard was in place and it was south or (timetable
direction) east of Rockfalls. It was 3 yard tracks and the main as I recall.
I seem to remember gravel ballast and for a branch yard very long tracks. On
the wayfreight you'd pull in on a track and go back thru a "clear" alley and
pull out another track and double to the w/c and leave town.The switch job
would already be pounding out your inbound train as you left town.
Leo