Re: [BRHSlist] Twin Zephyr a.k.a. Twin Cities Zephyr

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Twin Zephyr a.k.a. Twin Cities Zephyr
From: sjl@p...
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 09:33:49 -0500
The tail signs on the 1936 and 1947 trains said Twin
Cities Zephyr.

I think Burlington did this intentionally for its
double entendre -- twin trains to the Twin Cities.

In the 1980's, the bus system of the Oklahoma City,
the Central Oklahoma Transportation and Parking
Authority, ran a commuter bus from and to Midwest
City, Oklahoma. They called it the Midwest Miler.
Similar double entendre in that the Midwest could
refer to Midwest City or the Midwestern United States.

sjl