Re: [BRHSlist] Jacksonville ILL

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Jacksonville ILL
From: John Mitchell <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 13:13:24 -0800 (PST)
Mike

Jacksonville was switched by the local out of
Beardstown. Over the years it had different terminals
(turn around points). At various times, it turned at
Litchfield, Virden, and Jacksonville itself. It also
had different frequancies of operation; sometimes
daily, sometimes three day per week. It was scheduled
for while and then ran as an extra. It even was a
mixed train for a while. Switching limits (i.e.) an
assigned yard engine) were not established at
Jacksonville. The name was the Jax local which was a
holdover from the Jax Line days.
John D. Mitchell, Jr.