RE: [BRHSlist] proto 2000 GP7s

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] proto 2000 GP7s
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:27:20 -0600
Ralph,

John Lee has announced that Badger will soon be releasing their "Custom
Line" of model railroad paint colors. One of the six colors for 2002 is an
accurate CB&Q Blackbird Grey. The Custom Line paints will be sold in 4 oz,
pourable, re-sealable bottles for $18.25. These paint colors will only be
available for one year. There was a flyer in the last BRHS mailing with
more information on how to get this paint at a discount.

Fortunately, the roofs of the GPs and SDs are easy to mask of and repaint.
One bottle will allow you to repaint your entire fleet with a consistent
color. Before you do, replace the horns and correct the headlight. There
are several castings available for the headlight. I took a brand new XActo
chisel blade to carefully shave off the cast-on headlight, moved it to the
lower position and put the new casting where the original one was.

Dave Lotz