Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Aluminum "Silver Side" Coal Hoppers

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Aluminum "Silver Side" Coal Hoppers
From: John Mitchell <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:31:49 -0700 (PDT)
There was no "third set". The 1968 group was divided
between the other sets, to make two, one hundred car
sets with ten cars for maintenance spares, as per my
issue (see page 135). Most (but not all) of the BN
units got creep control for use in this service. The
"Silversides went into western coal service, then into
service as ballast cars, and were then scrapped.
John D. Mitchell Jr.