Savanna Double Track

To: Brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Savanna Double Track
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:07:12 EDT
Tom has it right at least from my experience. There was a single track main
from the Stock Yards to Plum River where the junction between Aurora and
Galesburg trains was located. It was a traffic jam waiting to happen and did
several times a day. As of my last trip in 1979 it was single track. In the
fall and spring I did often wonder from the indications on the ground if
there had once been double track.
Leo
P.s.-How did they bridge Plum River? A new single trk bridge next to the
exisiting one or a new double trk?