Re: [BRHSlist] SD9s

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] SD9s
From: "Tamerlane" <TheVLBG@s...>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:38:25 -0500
Larry,

Yes, you are a little later than the CB&Q. To the best of my knowledge at the
time
of the merger all SD9's still had high short hoods.

During the 70's a few wreck damaged units had the short hoods cut down. In
the case of BN 6158 the cab was also destroyed so it was built at West
Burlington. I really don't know what you mean by a "Standard Cab".

As was true of many BN GP9's some SD9's were low nosed during the '80's
as a "Make Work" project at points were there was manpower to spare.

I do not think BN 6147 ever got a low nose.

There was no rebuilding program by BN for SD9's.

Enough about BN issues.

The VLBG