Re: [BRHSlist] Amtrak Speed Limits

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Amtrak Speed Limits
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 09:27:36 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/01 8:10:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
fisherjohnf@m... writes:

<< Of course the railroad tracks/crossing were there long before the arrival
of the whining members of the community.

About 10 years ago in the Chicago area the ordinance banning the use of train
whistles was resended by the State of Illinois. At the time I was working at
the Napervile Sun Newspaper Printing Plant, I took a phone call from an
irrate lady who was very unhappy that the Burlington was now "honking" as she
put it at the River Road Crossing. This is located at the western end of
Naperville just east of the US Route 34 (Ogden Ave.) underpass. I told her
that a few whistles might be better than a car winding up in her livingroom
after being hit on the grade crossing.