Re: [BRHSlist] Amtrak Speed Limits

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Amtrak Speed Limits
From: "JOHN FISHER" <fisherjohnf@m...>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 08:10:02 -0500
On a similar note, in our neighboring city of Madison, WI the enlightened
leadership has passed an ordinance banning the use of train whistles by the
Wisconsin & Southern Railroad as it passes through the fair city. This was
enacted to "Improve the Quality of Life" of the citizenry. Of course the
railroad tracks/crossing were there long before the arrival of the whining
members of the community.

John Fisher