Zephyr turns up in the wildest places.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Zephyr turns up in the wildest places.
From: atsf3460@a...
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 00:45:44 EDT
>From the "wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself department":

Nobody has mentioned it yet but there is a cartoon in the October issue of
Playboy that has a model railroading theme to it (yeah I know ... the whole
concept absolutely floored me). Anyway, in the background of the cartoon
model train layout is pictured the Pioneer Zephyr along with some other model
trains (one appears to maybe be a Pennsy streamlined K4). The cartoonist has
drawn the Zephyr in its three car form.

Additional CB&Q content regarding subject magazine is that Playboy was a
major monthly component of shipping from the printing plant in Mt. Morris, IL
(from Mike Spoor's excellent clinic on express shipments the other day in
Paducah).

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL