Re: [BRHSlist] Amtrak Speed Limits

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Amtrak Speed Limits
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@y...>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:20:58 -0700 (PDT)
The reason I ask is someone was just killed two blocks
south of the public landing on Saturday. I think I
remember someone getting hit by the Public Landing a
while back. I do know that during Canal Days, our
town's festival, the speed limit is 30. The Lockport
police gave Amtrak a speeding ticket one year.

Bryan Howell
tubaman21@y...

--- jeralbin@a... wrote:
> "I remember hearing something that
> the speed limit through town was 30 mph, and there
> was
> an incident here on Sat. that needs a little more
> explanation than what the police gave."
>
> It is a lot faster than 30mph thru Lockport, more
> like 50 or 60. Stand too
> close to the tracks and get your shorts yanked off.
> Its a wonder no one gets
> killed going and coming from the "Public Landing"
> restaurant in the Gaylord
> building. Jerry Albin

=====
Bryan J. Howell