Amtrak Speed Limits

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Amtrak Speed Limits
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@y...>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:56:38 -0700 (PDT)
I know this isn't really a Q question, but I know that
there are a few Amtrak emplyees on this list. Anyway,
does anyone know what the speed limit for Amtrak
trains through Lockport, Illinois is? Lockport is
about 5 mi north of Joliet on the old IC mainline to
Springfield and the BNSF(ex. SF). THe trains run on
the IC tracks and the trains are, the Texas Eagle, the
Ann Rutlage, and a short local to Springfield(not sure
about that one). I remember hearing something that
the speed limit through town was 30 mph, and there was
an incident here on Sat. that needs a little more
explanation than what the police gave. Thanks for the
help.

=====
Bryan J. Howell
tubaman21@y...