Re: [BRHSlist] Branch Line Abandonment

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Branch Line Abandonment
From: rmorgan918@a...
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:54:49 EDT
The CB&Q line from Old Monroe to Francis was built in 1903 and abandoned by
BN 12/1980. Don't know when it was actually pulled up. The 28 Sep 47
Hannibal Division ETT shows a yard, water, coal and turntable at Francis (74
ft, from another source). A 1932 copy of a topo I have shows the roundhouse
was located between the Alton and Burlington tracks, just NNE of the
junction.
Rick Morgan