Need information on the 1936 DZ/TZ 12 car articulated trainsets

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Need information on the 1936 DZ/TZ 12 car articulated trainsets
From: tntlines@h...
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 05:59:19 -0000
Hi guys,

I'm looking for information and drawings/plans for the original 1936
12 car semi-articulated Denver Zephyr train sets. I am modeling the
Fort Worth & Denver in N Scale & would like to kit bash a set for the
1957-65 version of the Texas Zephyr. I've done some web searches but
have come up dry. Any information would be appreciated. I have side
photos of 4 of the articulated cars in Steve Goen's Fort Worth &
Denver book but need more information to kitbash the entire
trainset. It is going to be fun kitbashing the Silver Chief & Silver
Warrior to use with the TZ too. I am also looking for information &
plans/drawings of the modernized heavyweight cars used on the Texas
Zephyr from 1940 to 1957 & the heavyweight cars used on FW&D mail
trains 7 & 8. I see lots of cutting & reassembling Concor &
Riverossi N scale passenger cars in my future :-) (thank god the Kato
cars are already Burlington protptype) TIA

Bill Belsher
TNT Webmaster
Trinity N-Trak
Fort Worth, TX
http://members.home.net/tntlines/
Modeling the Fort Worth & Denver in N Scale