Re: [BRHSlist] C&S STEAM ENGINES

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] C&S STEAM ENGINES
From: Gene Tacey <taceys@g...>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 16:47:52 -0500
Marshall & Johnathan
Thanks for your input. The picture I am looking at was included with the decal
sheet and is a xerox copy of a photo. There are no dates on the photo but the
engine looks pristine and the smokebox is definitely a darker color than the
boiler. The Russian iron idea may be correct. I think I will play it safe and
go with the "standard" scheme used in later years. The engine appears to me as
they appeared in the 40's and I have seen no photos from the really early
years. The mogul in the photo supplied by microscale does not have the large
air tank mounted between the steam dome and the sand dome that this engine and
the photos I have seen are equipped with.
Thanks Again.
Gene