CB&Q industries from the 1950's and 1960's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CB&Q industries from the 1950's and 1960's
From: whirt@a...
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:08:17 -0000
My summer project has been working on building an industry
shipper/receiver list to re-do the waybills on my model railroad.
Building on the excellent work that Bill Jewett and the NMRA
Operations SIG has done in creating a large industrial database and
by a gentleman who has posted the CGW industry list from 1957 online,
I have added material from my own research and from others who have
sent me material. I have clipped out the CB&Q section and posted in
the files area as a file called cbqindustries.

The format is set up for use in a program from Shenware called
Waybills. However, the file can viewed in a word processor, browser,
or is best seen in a spreadsheet program. The format is:

Index # - For the program's use
Industry status - O/L MO = Offline industry in Missouri MO = online
industry in Missouri. This is relative to my model railroad which
runs from West Quincy to St. Louis.
Industry name
Town
State
Ships/Receives
Commodity

When I helped build the K Line industry list, several people asked
for information on industries elsewhere on the system. You should
find this helpful. The database of industries is large for the K Line
north of St. Louis, Albia, Dubuque, Des Moines, Council Bluffs,
Omaha, Kansas City, and St. Joseph. This is largely thanks to the CGW
list.

If you have any additions/corrections, please email me as I am
interested in fixing any errors. I had to make assumptions on many
industries, so I guarantee there are mistakes. I am also looking for
a database of St. Louis area industries from that period, so any
pointers in that direction would be appreciated.

Bill