Subject Freight Wreck

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Subject Freight Wreck
From: Tom Smith <sd70mac@h...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:03:00 -0500
This is pretty of topic (nothing to do w/ CB&Q) but more info: Yes, a BNSF train
hit a backhoe which had been hot-wired from a construction area and parked on
the
tracks, just E of Mulvane KS. A similar incident happened nearby in May.
Fortunately there were no injuries in either case. I just heard on local news
that
a suspect was taken for questioning - someone who was watching the wreck site.

Tom Smith
Winfield KS