Sedan, Ia

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Sedan, Ia
From: "Douglas Harding" <dharding@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:45:26 -0500
According to my Delorme Street Atlas, Sedan, Ia is located at N40' 39.236'
W92' 46.447' if you have a GPS.

Sedan is straight east of Exline, located just NW of the juncture of Brush
Creek and Pigeon Creek. It is where County Road J51 turns east to go across
Brush creek, toward the Chariton River.

Go south out of Centerville on Hwy #5, turn off on SSR 216 to Exline, CR J51
runs east out of Exline at the very north edge of town. It skirts Pigeon
creek, along the north side.

>From Moulton, take CR J51 west out of town, cross the Chariton River, right
after crossing Brush Creek Sedan is where CR J51 turns north.

Hope this helps. I suggest everyone who wishes to chase down old railroad
towns get a copy of Delorme's Street Atlas. If shows tracks, often shows old
RR roadbeds, and shows just about every old ghost town around.

Doug Harding