U-Boats in HO

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: U-Boats in HO
From: mack@c...
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:42:28 -0000
Has anyone seen any prototypes of the new release of Q U25B's from
Stewart? Stewart is usually pretty good about detail and I understand
was in contact with several members before release of the VO1000.
Have they been in contact with anyone on the U25B release? Particular
concerns: Make sure the handrails are red not black as on EMD's;
Phase appears to be fine; no drop steps or chain on the end
handrails; shrouded horn (can easily be added afterwards if not
included).

I have two older run Stewart/Kato Chessie System Phase II U25B's that
I stripped about a year ago and never got around to repainting. If
Stewart does as good a job as I expect, then I probably won't bother
painting my "undecs", I'll just wait for the new ones.

Finally, has anyone heard if someone might be considering a U25C/U28C
in HO? I mentioned it to Stewart since it would seem like a logical
progression from the U25B. Also mentioned it to Intermountain. A nice
U25C/U28C would really help to round out my Q roster and I would
think would be well received by a lot of other modelers as well (NP,
PRR, PC, CR, L&N, SCL, FL, SBD, LS&I, etc.)

Tom Mack