Re: [BRHSlist] Heavyweight passenger cars?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Heavyweight passenger cars?
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:23:39 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/01 1:36:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
jonathanharris@e... writes:

> I've just joined the list (and BRHS) and am happy to find such a strong
> community of interest among Burlington fans.

Jonathan,

Welcome to the list. I am sure you will find much useful information on this
forum. Many of our fellow listers are walking encyclopedias of Burlington
knowledge!

I also happen to be very interested in Q passenger cars. I can answer your
question regarding the 6100 series cars. Back in the early 90's an importer
called Aurora Shops brought in brass 4500 series chair coaches and 6100
series coaches in both mechanical and ice air conditioning. These are exact
reproductions of these cars and capture the look of the Q cars exactly. He
also imported heavyweight Q RPO's, RPO-Baggage, Diners, and Baggage cars.
Unfortunately, these cars are very difficult to find and go for $250 to $300
unpainted when they are found. These do come up occasionally on brass
resellers lists.

I have not used any plastic cars, but I have seen some reasonably decent 7200
series cars (can't remember the starting point) I also hear that the
(eventual) Branchline coach may be a good starting point for some kitbashing.
I'm pretty sure others on this list may have some suggestions.

Unfortunately, the only way to get EXACT Q heavyweights is to use the Aurora
Shop cars.

Rich