O-Gauge BR Abraham Lincoln Boxcar from K-Line Electric Trains

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: O-Gauge BR Abraham Lincoln Boxcar from K-Line Electric Trains
From: haywarb@b...
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 16:53:34 -0000
FYI.

The 2001 2nd Edition catalog from K-Line Electric Trains has announced
a CB&Q boxcar right off of page 17 of BRHS' BB #7. The model
(K761-1331, MSRP = $45) is a red, white, & blue CB&Q boxcar lettered
for the "Abraham Lincoln Friendship Train - Sponsored by C.R.O.P."
with a black silhouette of Lincoln, black BR herald, and black
scripted "Way of the Zephyrs" slogan. The catalog copy identifies the
C.R.O.P. as the "Christian Rural Overseas Program", which was not
known to BRHS at the time of printing of BB #7. This is the first
model of this unique CB&Q boxcar in O-gauge that I am aware of (has
this model been made in any other scales ? ).

After meeting Maury Kline of K-Line at the 10/2000 Rosemont, IL show,
I had sent him some info. on BR equipment, including a photocopy of
that boxcar from out-of-print BB #7. K-Line has been producing a
steady stream of CB&Q O-gauge models over the last few years and
appears very receptive to our suggestions. Thank you, K-Line.

I am not a dealer, vendor, or stockholder of K-Line.

Enjoy.