Tank Cars

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Tank Cars
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 20:22:08 EDT
Ok,this is for real so no snide comments.As those of you who visit here
regularly know. I get to peddle the old tanks from UTLXs' fleet(among a few
other things). I am aware of( 2) 6,000 gallon 3 compartment cars coming back
in the not too distant future.If you recall I gave a too lengthy explanation
of compartment cars and old oil industry shipment history awhile back.These
cars were typical of the backbone of the retail oil trade up until the early
60's. I have been authorized to donate these cars to "high profile musuems
that will cooperate w/UTC on publication of the donations".
If you know of a museum that would be interested and meets the criteria have
the principals contact me at (Phillipp@U...) or write me at the corporate
office.(Leo Phillipp-Director Fleet Services 175 W Jackson Blvd.
Chicago,IL.60504
I've donated quite a few cars over the years but in my humble opinion these
are special because they were typical as oppossed to unusual and there's
damned few of them around.
Musuems that come to mind are Ill Rwy Museum,National Museum of Transport in
St Louis,B&O museum in Baltimore.
Please spread the word. Its not a bidding war.I'm just looking for good homes.
Leo
P.S. It must be a "high profile" museum in other words a well established one
with proven track(excuse the pun) record.