NJCB O5a ashpan details

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: NJCB O5a ashpan details
From: atsf3460@a...
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:48:36 EDT
If any of you own a NJ Custom Brass coal burning O5a 4-8-4 you probably
already know that it lacks a somewhat essential detail - the ashpan under the
firebox. Apparently they forgot to put one under there which is fine for the
oil burning version. Any suggestions on how to make a "Q" accurate ashpan.
The mounting straps on the side look kind of tricky. I have to admit that
I'm fishing for an answer - I haven't drug out the model and Corbin's book
and the Walthers / Cal-Scale catalogs to start looking at how they go
together. Any one know of any other glaring inaccuracies of this model?
Considering when and who built the model these things are actually pretty
nice ... and the prices are still somewhat acceptable (unlike the C&NW Hs
NJCB did).

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL