Re: [BRHSlist] E's on Heavyweights.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] E's on Heavyweights.
From: drale99@a...
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:24:08 EDT
John Olson,
The photo in "Classic Trains" is kinda cute, but also heartbreaking. My
recollections are of long passenger trains, especially behind big 7,000's, at
Ravenna in the early 40's. Hard to believe those days ever existed. Later I
traveled home via Lincoln-to-Grand Island on heavyweight coaches behind big
E's when I was at UofN in the late 40's, living in Palmer, NE on the branch.
Later yet I went to UofN games on "Football Specials" out of Omaha. These
were long consists of heavyweights (full of drunks. The Huskers were mostly
losers in those days) with E's up front. Great nostalgia!
DRale