RE: [BRHSlist] Number of Motors

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Number of Motors
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:48:31 -0500
True, but there may be a point there anyway.... the Q was very active in
motive power pooling, both for the freight units and the passenger power.
It would be interesting to see the utilization factors (miles/month,
hours/month, etc.). I'd bet that they were ahead of the Santa Fe, C&NW, or
any other road's divisions that had comparable runs and territory.
Lest we forget, for all the class the railroad showed, it was still a very
stingy operation.... must have been a lot of Bohemian and Scottish guys in
management.
Charlie Vlk