Silver Veranda Repair (was Re: [BRHSlist] Amtrak Incident)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Silver Veranda Repair (was Re: [BRHSlist] Amtrak Incident)
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@p...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:44:11 -0500
Ed

Speaking of Burlington mishaps, how, when and why did the Silver Veranda get a
smooth stainless steel plate over its right rear corner below the pier panel.

A photograph taken of the car in 1969 (as part of the Trains Magazine CB&Q
excerpt of Frailey's Twilight of the Great Trains) shows the repair. When I saw
the car in winter 1966 and summer 1967, I did not notice if the repair was there
or not.

sjl