Re: Answer to Glen Haug

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Answer to Glen Haug
From: bill@b...
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:31:08 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., bill@b... wrote:
> Glen,
>
> I FINALLY have an answer to your question regarding the signal
> bridge's picture which is listed as being in Galesburg Illinois. After
> talking with a few folks from town during RR Days, it appears that it
> may be the one STILL located along the "entrance" to the quincy main.
> I was at a loss to explain the turnout near along the left of the
> picture. I was informed that at one time the Q had a couple spurs to
> two coal dealeres in this area (present location of People's hardware
> area). Perhaps this turnout was a spur to one of these two coal
> dealers? There is a set of tracks still located in the pavement near
> here along East Knox street. We believe that the train may be #47 from
> Peoria.
>
> Hope you recieve this message!
>
> Please email me off list.
>
> http://billselleck.net

First,

My apolgies to everyone on the list for posting four times. Yahoo was
very busy this afternoon and my posting was unknowingly sent four
times! I learned a lesson here!

Glen,

My informed guess was that the signal bridge in question is the one
still located near the "entrance" to the Peoria branch in Gburg.
However, upon closer examination, it appears that the turnout lies on
the wrong side to be one of the spurs to one of two coal dealers.
Perhaps a more learned soul out there can help us identify the
location? HINT HINT

To see the photo in question surf:

http://billselleck.net

Click on the part called "Bill's wish list".

Thanks and apologies,

Bill Selleck