Re: Overland Suburban Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Overland Suburban Cars
From: jsauer@e...
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 13:03:59 -0000
Leo,

I bought 3 of the gallery cars. If you are familiar with the first
run cars, they are pretty close to the same in terms of finish,
details, etc. (the first run were very nice, as well). The only
significant difference is that Overland has added interiors and
interior lighting. The gallery car windows are not really big so
that it is not that easy to see the interior seats, etc. (if you hold
up the car end to your eye and sight down the aisle of the car, it
looks pretty cool). The cab control car now has a working headlight.

The first run had deep tinted glass which the second ones don't. I
was a little concerned before I bought the second run cars that the
different window materials would make mixing the two runs look odd,
but they really don't.

I didn't buy any second run power cars as I already had two first run
cars.

The price on the galleries seem to be running in the low to mid $400
range. I grew up in La Grange, IL and rode these cars as a kid. For
that reason, of anything I own the galleries have the most
sentimental value. So I just had to have some.

Now if we can only drum up some interest in someone making those old
green and tan commuter coaches...

John Sauer