Re: [BRHSlist] NORMALLY ASPIRATED

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] NORMALLY ASPIRATED
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@g...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 14:10:02 -0600
Hi Leo:

The 6153 was one of our regular switch engines in Edgemont when we still did
switching. A couple years back, I came to work on the local. When I got
the call slip, I was writing down the power in my time book....and the lead
motor was a 6100. Naw, I said, this can't be, gotta be something
re-numbered from something else. When the train shows up, the lead motor is
an SD-9 with the newer SD style low-nose cab. They had the AAR standard
control stand instead of the old one, and 26 air, but it was still an SD-9.
The motor was older than the brakeman and conductor, but I loved it!
Burble, burble, burble. Switching like the old days, slap the reverser over
and she goes the other way right now, no thinking about if it wants to do it
first, like the new ones. For once, I was happy to get the local.

Mike Decker