Bob Oloffson Update #1

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Bob Oloffson Update #1
From: "Matt " <railfan04@y...>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 01:53:11 -0000
As many of you know, fellow BRHS member Bob Oloffson had a heart
attack in Arkansas on his way back from Arizona on April 29th or so.
I will try to keep you updated as I have just got the two updates and
hadn't been well updated. I will post clipings of the emails from
his son.

Posted, Thursday, May 3rd

Hi everyone!!! First we would like to thank everyone for their
thoughts and prayers for our Dad. My Mom and all of us really
appreciate everything you are all doing back in Wyanet. We have not
found internet access for Mom yet so I will try and give you updates
as we find new things out to keep everybody updated the best we can.
I will be talking to my Mom every night and will only e-mail with
updates when major things, as no news is good news.

Dad is still doing the same which is good. Mom did talk to the
surgeon yesterday and he stated that they want to wait 6-8 weeks
before doing surgery. The longer they wait the better chances are
for no complications. He is resting comfortably and even though he
is heavily sedated, he is definitely aware of what is going on around
him. He is on a heart pump and a ventilator but the Doctor stated
they will slowly start weaning him off the drugs and slow down the
machines so he is breathing and the heart pumping on his own without
assistance. Currently, the machines are shut down when the nurses do
there assessments but only for a few seconds and dad is breathing and
the hearts pumping on its own, good news. The bottom line though is
they need the heart to rest so the machines are there to assist him
in keeping it resting.

Mom's new address/phone in her new apartment is as follows: (send
cards here)

Clara Oloffson
Studio Plus-Room #228
10800 Kanis Road