Fwd: WC Roster oddities to be purged

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: WC Roster oddities to be purged
From: jworones@y...
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 05:58:56 -0000
Thought this was note-worthy to the group because of the reference to
the SD24's.

Jeff Worones
Las Vegas, NV

--- In LocoNotes@y..., "George R. Widener" <PULLIN4U@n...> wrote:
All-
Just a note to tip off those who may be in contact with various
preservation
groups/historical societies.
With the pending takeover of WC by CN, the purge has begun of the odd
units
on the roster. As of this writing, ex-SOO GP30 719 is to be scrapped
shortly, if it isn't already in pieces.
Of particular concern are the pair of SD24's currently in storage:
WC 2401 / FRV 2401 / SUSA 6255 / MMID 6255 / BN 6255 / CBQ 515
b/n 25212 built 5-59
WC 2402 / FRV 2402 / SUSA 880 / MMID 6250 / BN 6250 / CBQ 510
b/n 25207 built 5-59

These are believed to be the last PURE SD24's left operating in the
country.
WC last used these in heavy switching service at Fond du Lac, WI.
These
units WILL BE SCRAPPED if a purchaser is not found soon.

WC's fleet of 9 unique ex-Milwaukee Road SDL39's are also on the
endangered
list, my sources tell me the CN is not interested in keeping them
around.
The ex-FRVR (nee-CNW) GP9/7/30/35's; all remaining ex-SOO GP30/35's;
the
ex-MP GP35m's; the ex-WP GP40's; the handful of SW1200's; and the
single SW1
are also in jeopardy.
I haven't even touched on WC's extensive fleet of SD45/F45 units,
these are
also candidates for sale/scrap after CN takes the reins. I hear the
the EL
historical society is interested in WC SDP45 6634, one of the last as-
built
SDP45's around.
If anyone has contacts with those who may be interested, please pass
the
word around as there are too many museum pieces here in Wisconsin to
see
scrapped.

Thanks,

George Widener