Sanborn Maps

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Sanborn Maps
From: "Kenneth Currie" <currieken@e...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:16:19 -0500
I recently had great success in acquiring from the University of Iowa
libraries copies of Sanborn maps of several Iowa towns which I plan on
including
in a future layout. One of the towns has fewer than 1000 people, so
Sanborn's coverage was quite thorough. The maps varied in date from
the 20s through the 40s. For those of you who are interested, you can
peruse U of I's Sanborn collection at http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/maps/sanborn.htm
.
There's a pull-down menu that lets you scroll through the complete list of Iowa
towns and cities included in the collection. The maps are on fiche, and
you can request copies of particular maps through interlibrary loan. The
website includes instructions for ordering copies. Happy huntin'
y'all.

Ken Currie

San Angelo TX