Re: [BRHSlist] Crossing signals and the like

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Crossing signals and the like
From: Ed Pavlovic <epav1@w...>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:30:06 -0500
Probably a lot of the block and interlocking signals out there are still CB&Q
equipment. Most of the control hardware for those signals has probably been
upgraded however. Crossing signals would most likely have been replaced when
they had to increase the size of the lenses from 8" up to the current standard
of 12", but you may still find some that just had the light unit upgraded. As
more of the lineside equipment gets upgraded from the older relay based to the
newer solid state variety, you will see even less of the older stuff.

Ed Pavlovic