Re: [BRHSlist] Q - Stewart 70 ton hoppers

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Q - Stewart 70 ton hoppers
From: "Rita de Vries" <ben1.vries@p...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:54:22 +0200
L.S.
There is an article about the Burlington 70t triple hoppers, authored by Hol
Wagner in the April 1995 Mainline Modeler.
It states (evidenced by accompanying photos) that the mineral red cars had
"Everywhere West" on both sides.
The chinese red cars had both slogans (in Gothic lettering) with "Ëverywhere
West" on the left side (as seen from B-end), but.
on C&S cars the slogans were reversed. (So far the Stewart lettering is
correct)
When overhauled in 1962-1964 cars from series 170500-171099) were repainted
black As Hol states the cars received
both slogans but "there appears to have been no rule as to which side got
which slogan." A photo of black car #170897
shows "Way of the Zephyrs" on the right side (seen from B-end). The End Cab
Models black cars (I have all 6#) have the
slogans reversed. The model as such seems correct except the vertical end
bracing which should go up to the top cord while the poling pockets should
be removed. Brake parts are rudimentary and slope sheet supports are
missing.
Ben de Vries, Holland