Re: Walthers Dynamometer Car

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Walthers Dynamometer Car
From: jsauer@e...
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:52:04 -0000
Looks like, from checking out the NKP Society site and one of their
links, that the Walthers car is a very close copy of a Nickel Plate
Road car. The photo I found does not show a roof walk or side ladder
next to the side door, but perhaps those could have been on the
original car and removed at some point in the car's career. From the
picture of the Walthers car, looks like the NKP lettering is mostly
correct, although the photo of the real thing shows car numbers
positioned on the car sides near both ends, not in the middle as in
Walthers.

I might get one and leave it NKP and pretend the Q had to lease the
car or move it in a train.

John Sauer

--- In BRHSlist@y..., Ralph Brown <cbq682@g...> wrote:
> Well I just picked up the new Walthers, HO scale, Burlington
dynamometer
> car. Its an interesting little gadget. It has a working meter
inside
> that is visible from one of the side windows on each side of the
car.
> Inside there is a white post with black hash marks. On one end the
> coupler is spring loaded so that when it is pulled, a needle inside
> moves next to the hash marks to form a meter. The instructions
state
> that the meter is set up to read approximately eight ounces of draw
bar
> pull at full extension. The also instructions state that
an "electronic