525 vs 500, was Re: Challenger Shovelnose Schedule

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: 525 vs 500, was Re: Challenger Shovelnose Schedule
From: Randy Gordon-Gilmore <zephyrus@r...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:49:08 -0700
At 08:21 PM 4/18/01 -0500, M. Thayer wrote:

>Maybe I didn't make it clear in my earlier post - 525 was added in '35 to
>expand 9900. While it had started out saving all the money Ralph Budd had

No, you were clear, Marshall. I was just talking about where 525 ended up.
Your chronology has 525 on PZ twice, with "Becky Thatcher" briefly thrown
in the mix in between. I've got that quoted in the PZ timeline on my
website.

>The really interesting part of the whole story is that I know of only one
>decent unretouched photo of 9900 during the 525 days, and it's in the

There's an Otto Perry photo of 525 in PZ on page 12 of the Shovelnose
Burlington Bulletin, and it seems kosher. 525 has 5 large windows, then
door, then lav window like 500, but the large windows go right near the
end, obvious on that photo, as opposed to the large blank panel that 500
has. It's also photo 0004708 on the Western History/Genealogy Dept.,
Denver Public Library website. Photo 0004709 (apparently shot at the same
time) on the same site shows the train from the right hand side with 525.

Best regards,

Randy

zephyrus@r... http://www.rickadee.net/~zephyrus