Re: [BRHSlist] Interlocking plants

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Interlocking plants
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:01:32 -0700
Leo
The plants are in sections and were set up so you could make parallel moves.
Once a section is clear it is ok to reline a movement thru it. The neat thing
is in the West Eola plant with a train too long the train does not get behind
the east home board and can leave WITH PERMISSION from the middle of the plant
as long as the DS has the switches lined right. Also the cause a few years ago
of the SP headon. The Digicon(or Crap depending on if you have used it) is set
up by computer nerds who have no Idea how to railroad. It is dropped in our
laps and the DS has to make it work and generally does. (IF they know how to
Dispatch) Another problem is every time something goes wrong new pages of rules
are written. Every one now has a screen and can look over our shoulders. Most
often they have no Idea what we do or can do. Now we have to label every track
lite.(So theyt can figure out what is happening) And with a half dozen switch
moves all running at once in just my 7 mile segment if is a whole lot easier to
leave them blank just as I learned in House 9. Railroading isn't like it use
to be.
Guess I better get off my soap box
SJH