Re: [BRHSlist] Read after Streator Wye

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Read after Streator Wye
From: Joseph O Antosiak <ColoradoSouthern@j...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:25:05 -0400
I'd say that, although the actions such as defacing storefronts, etc.,
happened (or happened more often) during WWI, it wouldn't surprise me
that during WWII someone with a Germanic last name might want to change
it, out of patriotism or because he had seen (or had been told by others)
what happened to people with names like that during the Great War.

Just my $0.02; sorry for straying O/T.

Cheers,
--JoeA.

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 16:26:10 -0700 Ken martin <kmartin@c...> writes:
> Wes Leatherock wrote:
> >
> > While I heard stories about prejudice in World War I
> > directed at people with German names, and I knew a man
> > who was very fearful it would happen during World War II,
> > I don't recall any instances in the Second Great War.
> >

> Probably because it was directed at the Japanese for their "sneak
> attack"
>
> Ken Martin
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/